- Film Festival
- Alien Enthusiasts
- Horror Enthusiasts
- Film Bloggers
- Competitions – for shorts / horrors
- Random Acts? Channel 4 – really short 3 mins
- BBC Three shorts?
- Funders – look for funding for a feature
- Movieola – purchase films under 40 minutes
- Ouatmedia – acquires shorts to sell around the world to tv, internet, mobile devices and new media.
Developing emotional Content:
- Wide shots – show his isolation
- Insert shots – demonstrate his discomfort
- Reverse Shot
- Close ups and expressions.
- Pull Focus – for the conversations
- Dark -> light to show the softening of the relationship.
- Longer Distance between at beginning and closer and the end.
- Use of Framing
Character Development / Expansion:
- Saw – bear trap scene as a short got them the money for the feature
- Character Development: Name, Personality, Look, Lifestyle, Style, Beliefs, Values
- Main Turning Points
- Progression through emotion
- Utilisation of feeling – hand held, POV etc.
- Size of objects in the frame
- Timeline of motif – 5 main turning points etc.
- Create a character Web
- sequence / hip hop montage – fast cut and exaggeration of sound
- elipsis… different type of cut away –
- Moby Porcelain technique – in and out of focus eye iris
- Whip pan – really fast pan