On the 11th June 2012 Events Management Company Aspire4U came to give us a quick insight into a career in event management.
Key Qualities that help:
- Humour – things can get stressful so being able to laugh things off is important.
- Friendly – You will be working with people everyday so being friendly helps.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational Skills – You have to keep on top of a lot.
- Negotiation Skills
- Mathematical Ability – Number Crunching is a prominent feature of events planning
- Being willing to go to other people’s events – see what other people are planning etc.
Challenges you may face:
- Money – you will often have to work with smal budgets, sometimes no budget at all. There are ways you will have to raise finances such as sponsorship and advertisement banners.
- Time – you will never have enough time to do everything.
- People – Human error is inevitable or they have poor timekeeping skills.
The Rewards of working events management:
- When things go right and your event is successful it can be very rewarding.
- Getting people to believe in your event.